The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others
- Interned with Mehir Desai / MsMedhaPathkar in Mumbai and worked for the National Alliance for Peoples Movements.Actively campaigned for the right for housing for Slum Developers in Urban Societies.
- Interned under guidance of Mr Jean Dreeze and Amartya Sen in the projects on extension of the PDS facilities to the BPL persons in Chattisgarh. Taught at the Govt Residential School in Maoist infested area of Jobhipaat in Chattisgarh.
- During the cloudburst in Uttaranchal in 2013 Vikrant was the youngest Volunteer with the NGOs ( M/s Goonj under the Ramon Magsaysay award Winner Mr Anshul Gupta) workinginthe strife torn area carrying Food supplies and medicines as far and deep as Guptkashi, Uttarkashi and Trijogito help bring relief to the impacted persons in the area.
- Volunteer work with the Landour Community Hospital, Mussorie.Responsible for distribution of medical aid to nearby villages at the instruction of the management.Field work in the form of verifying the validity of the claims.Documentation of the relief work.
- Interned with the Embassy of Nederlands in the PolicticalInformation and International Relations department and worked in policy framing on Transgender Rights and stoppage of Human Trafficking, Maritime security concerns in the Indian Ocean.
- Part of research team for the Joint Parliamentary Committee on the Land Acquisition Bill tasked with research on the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015.
- Interned at the Enviro Legal Defence Firm, Delhi under Adv. Sanjay Upadhyay under the aegis of the United Nations, working with Environment Law and Development Foundation to look into the proper implementation of The Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006 also known as the Forest Rights Act (FRA) based on a MoU with the State Tribal Welfare Department.